- Company Name:
- Simply Biotech
Defense Search specializes in recruiting exclusively for the defense industry. We are currently seeking an IT Supervisor - Programmer for a growing Defense company. This position
is based in Orange County, CA.
This position will be responsible for managing Information Systems activities, including system analysis, projects, programming, SOX, policies & procedures, operations (Voice and data LAN/WAN, Servers, PCs, etc.). Determines and recommends department?s budget and analyzes controllable expenses. Evaluates effectiveness of existing systems and applications and the feasibility and potential value of new applications. Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities. This position will work closely with the Materials, Operations, Sales and Finance group to ensure that all necessary data is available to meet the needs of the business. Understanding the business and the business processes is also critical in this role.
Other responsibilities include:
* Works closely with General manager
to ensure IT activities are consistent with business goals.
* Works closely with General Manager and various departments to manage and execute business process re-engineering.
* Consults with management, end-users, and IS staff to minimize duplication of efforts, leverage available resources, and provide appropriate solutions that meet the business needs.
* Manages projects, personnel, their assignments, activities and evaluates performance according to appropriate standards. Maximizes the effectiveness of each by providing appropriate tools, training, and leadership.
* Responsible for the availability, reliability and performance of IT infrastructure and applications (phones, e-mail, ERP, Data Warehouse, Internet, etc.)
* Ensures SOX, corporate, and division policies/procedures are current and enforced.
automated systems needed to meet the demands of document control.
* Programming skills: C#.NET, T-SQL, VB.NET, ADO.NET, ASP.NET, Web services
* Strong object-oriented design and programming skills, preferably in C#. OOD and OOP experience with Java and the ability to quickly transition to C# is also acceptable.
* Data Analysis and Conversions (DTS, SSIS, BIDS, etc).
* Data mining, data analysis, develops reports and queries for production, finance, sales, etc.
* Work with ERP (QAD and Syteline) structure and data to drive reports and applications via SQL server or Progress.
* Application Support: providing user support for a wide range of business applications
* Software Development: designing, implementing, reviewing, testing, and deploying software applications in accordance with the software development methodology.
The qualified IT Supervisor - Programmer will possess the following:
* B.S. in computer
Science or related technical field. MBA is preferred
* 3-5 years
* Training in SQL/.Net Programming
* 3+ years experience with MS SQL (2000/5/8) /SP/.Net/Administration
* Experience using IIS and MS Office
* Experience with business process re-engineering and workflow analysis (SharePoint)
* Experience with SOX and source control systems such as Visual Source Safe
* Experience in IT project management and software development processes
* Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
* 3+ years experience with ERP/MRP (preferably QAD). Other ERP (Syteline/Oracle) applications are acceptable.
* 3+ years experience with manufacturing
For immediate and confidential consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.496.7758
More information can be found at www.defensesearchusa.com